Healthy lunchbox snack
Preparing healthy lunch boxes every morning can be a daunting task. Planning ahead to make sure that I always have lots of healthy snacks at hand is very important in order to assure healthy and tasty lunch boxes.
Today I would like to share with you a recipe I found on Betty Crocker’s’ website from which I have made a few adjustments. This DIY version of the classic granola bar from Nature Valley is packed with simple, wholesome ingredients and is super easy and quick to make.
Prep time: 5min Bake time: 10min Servings: 16 (2bars per serving)
5 cups Jungle Oats (or any old-fashioned oats)
1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line a 30x40cm pan with baking paper.
- Place the 5 cups of Jungle Oats in a large bowl together with the baking soda and salt. Stir.
- In Microwave bowl, microwave coconut oil on High just until melted. Stir in the honey, sugar and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir well to coat oats completely.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan and press down firmly.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Oats should be golden. Cut 2 x 10 cm fingers while still warm. The bars will firm and crisp up as they cool.
- Store in a cool dry place.
Hope your kids enjoy these bars as much as mine.
Thanks for reading xxx