With Christmas right around the corner, it is time to start thinking about getting those gifts wrapped. The presentation of your gift could certainly add to the overall pleasant experience of giving and receiving. A beautifully wrapped gift is like two gifts in one.
It is no secret that I love wrapping gifts. I ran into Mr Price Home for some inspiration and decided on a red and white colour scheme. Mr Price Home has a big variety of well priced wrapping paper, cards, christmas ornaments, tissue paper as well as gift bags and boxes for your Christmas gift wrapping needs.
I used red and white tissue paper for wrapping my gifts, tied red and white organza ribbons around each gift and used wooden Christmas Tree ornaments and fabric heart decorations as name tags for each gift.
Follow these Tips for stress free gift wrapping:
- Decide on a colour palette . You can either stick to one colour or use 2 or more colours that compliment each other, or colours in the same hue. Make sure you get enough gift paper so that you do not run out of wrapping paper.
- Buy enough ribbon, tags and cards that goes well with your gift paper.
- Buy good quality tape that will stick and not get loose. Double sided tape also works well and gives a cleaner and neater look.
- Box it! Try to put gifts that are difficult to wrap for example a ball, in a box for easier and neater wrapping.
- Use good scissors. Nothing is more frustrating than blunt scissors.
- Have fun!
Don’t let wrapping be a daunting task this year. Start wrapping now and enjoy the beautiful packages under the tree for a few days.
How are you wrapping your gifts this year? Have you started yet?
I would love to hear from you!